After I Install Windows, I do the following.
Goto control panel -> mouse -> pointer options tab
- Change the pointer speed to dash #6, which should be default.
- Uncheck Enhance pointer precision.
- Uncheck Hide pointer while typing.
- Install your mouse drivers and software if any.
- Raise the USB Polling Rate( 500hz or 1000hz) through software or with my Raise USB Polling Rates page.
- Apply MarkC's Negative Acceleration Fix
*NOTE* 1000hz on an AMD Phenom x4 965 I can pull 8% CPU usage with my mouse. Assuming modern CPU's can handle any refresh rate is a myth, test for yourself, cpu lag spiking or added latency during a firefight is not a good idea.