Fully Powering Your Pc
It might sound useless, but the power setting in Windows 7 is not automatically set for maximum performance. By default the power plan in Windows 7 is set for a balanced performance with energy consumption on hardware. So you may not get the optimal performance from windows 7 if this is the case. So we need to change the power plan to High Performance Mode which is kinda hidden if you have never changed it before.
- Double click the Power Options in the Control panel.
- Click the down arrow on the right saying "Show Additional Plans" to see the High Performance power plan
- Now just activate the High Performance plan and that's it.
- Go for the advanced power settings.
- Go to Hard disk, then to Turn off hard disk after and set it to Never. This enables the GC to do its job while logged off.